Forty-six individuals were killed early Thursday morning as the Tezgam Express burst into flames near Rahim Yar Khan, as per the Deputy Commissioner Jamil Ahmed Jamil.
The fire spread to 3 bogies of the moving train. It was going to Rawalpindi from Karachi and was close to the Tanwari Railway Station when the fire ejected.
More than 40 individuals were harmed in the fire, confirmed the official. The official said there were 207 individuals in the three bogies and a sum of 933 individuals on the train. Two economy class and one business class bogies were wrecked in the fire, as indicated by the Railways DCO, who said there were 77 individuals in a single economy bogey and 76 in the other. There were 54 travelers in the business class bogey.
The two economy class bogies had been reserved by a man named Ameer Hassan and the vast majority of the travelers were from Hyderabad.
Rescue officials say the fire was caused by a cylinder exploding in the train. According to witnesses, members of the Tableeghi Jamaat were on the train and had brought a gas cylinder to cook food. They were preparing breakfast when it exploded.
Government Railway Minister Sheik Rasheed disclosed to SAMAA TV that activities on the two tracks have been suspended.
The individuals harmed in the mishap have been taken to a close by emergency clinic. Prime Minister Imran Khan has requested that they be given first class medical consideration.
Rasheed disclosed to SAMAA TV that the fire broke out at 6:30am. There were two coaches booked by the Tableeghi Jamaat, he stated, including that they had carried two cylinders with them and stoves to prepare food. One cylinder exploded, setting off the subsequent one , said the minister. Their two coaches and a business class coach burst into flames, he stated, affirming “somewhere in the range of 40 and 50 deaths”. We have approached the army for help and they have shown up on the grounds that we have no private ambulances to take them to the emergency clinic, he said. “There are no burns wards there, nor are there any in Rawalpindi or Islamabad.”
The minister said the Railways division has checking machines at just seven stations, defending that they cost hundreds of thousands and his ministry can’t afford more. It was a mishap and we will have to take notice to things like this, he said.
Even food being given on the train, people bring their own things and sometimes bring stoves, he said . We will be progressively strict, he said. Be that as it may, when inquired as to why these precautions are being taken after the deaths of very nearly 50 individuals, he stated, “It’s our error and their’s as well”.
The solution is that we either close the 519 small stations crosswise over Pakistan or accomplish something different, he said. But when he was told that would be detrimental for the people, he said “Passengers always try to sneak stuff on the trains”. He acknowledged that it was their duty to prevent individuals from bringing perilous things however called it “irresponsibility” not failure. He promised that they will take action however would not determine what.
“People don’t fear the law, try to understand,” he said. He additionally said that when there is a limit of 100 individuals, more than 120 individuals will come. What would we be able to do, he inquired.